PM Gate Entries close 1/2 hour BEFORE roll call.
6th Annual American Whippet Club Midwest Lure Coursing Specialty
Whippet Specialty Lure Coursing Trial
LICENSED BY THE AMERICAN KENNEL CLUB
Friday, October 5, 2018 Twin Towers County Park
640 W Yellow Springs Fairfield Rd Yellow Springs, OH 45387.
Open/Specials/Veteran Stake Trial Fees
$20 early entry or $25 at gate for each entry Breeder/Kennel Stake $5 for each entry
Permission has been granted by the American Kennel Club for the holding of this event under The
American Kennel Club Rules and Regulations
Officers of the American Whippet Club, Inc.
• President: Guin Borstel
• Vice-President: Dr. Jill Hopfenbeck
• Treasurer Gail Boyd
• Secretary: Russell McFadden
49 County Road 118
Espanola, NM 87532 505-570-1452
Board of Directors
• Annie Andrews
• Dr Connie Brunkow
• K risten Fredericks
• Lisa Ochoa
• Harold “Red” Tatro
• Whippets, Kevin Carlson; Racine, WI
I • an Davies; Hilton Head, SC
Stakes will run in order of Open, Specials, and Veterans.
Field Trial Chair
1750 Sandy Creek Ln,, Ann Arbor MI 48103
Field Trial Secretary
4300 Denison Ave, Cleveland, OH 44109
There are three clubs doing events this weekend:
Midwest Borzoi Club is hosting a Borzoi Specialty Trial, also on Friday.
OKIGO is hosting all-breed trials on Saturday and Sunday.
Premium lists for these can be found on OKIGO’s website: http://www.okigo.org
ALL entries for MBC and OKIGO have to be hard copy completed and signed forms with checks to that
AWC entries can be accepted by e-mail with paypal payments. Email the FTS for directions.]
7:00 AM - until completion
ROLL CALL & INSPECTION At 10:00 AM
Early acceptance of hounds for judges and members of the field committee may begin ½ hour prior to the
times listed above.
RIBBONS & AWARDS
• First & Stake Winner - Blue Rosette,
• Second - Red Rosette,
• Third - Yellow Rosette,
• Fourth - White Rosette,
• Fifth - Pink Rosette.
• Best of Breed - Purple & Gold Rosette.
Breeder & Kennel Stake and High Scoring Bench Ch - Pink & Green Rosette
BOB and each stake winner will receive metal work whippet art by Chris Crockett.
• The AWC will support the OKIGO all-breed trials. Whippet BOB and Stake winners will receive Slip
Leads in • appropriate award colors
ELIGIBILITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Only purebred Whippets that are one year of age or older and have been registered with The American
Kennel Club or an AKC recognized foreign registry or that have been granted an Indefinite Listing
Privilege (ILP) may be entered. Breed disqualifications apply.
• Dogs not present at the ending time of roll call will be scratched and no refund will be given.
• Entries will be acknowledged by email IF you include a legible email address on your entry form.
• DO NOT SEND ENTRIES ‘SIGNATURE REQUIRED’
• Bitches in season, hounds with breed disqualifications, and lame dogs will be excused. Entries will be
refunded. NO BITCHES IN SEASON ON THE FIELD!
• Spayed and neutered dogs are eligible to participate. Monorchid and cryptorchid hounds are ineligible.
• There will be a minimum $25 returned check charge.
• A $5.00 fine will be assessed for any loose dog on the field that is not competing in the course in
• A $5.00 fine will be assessed for any handler not cleaning up after their dog.
• Any person may, upon reasonable complaint, be asked to leave the grounds by the Trial Committee.
• Children MUST be under control of their parents or guardians at all times.
Stakes will be split into flights by public random draw if entry in any regular stake is 15 or more.
• Only the Lure Operator, Huntmaster, Judge, and Handler of the dog running in the course in progress will
be permitted near the lure machine.
• Dogs must be individually registered with AKC (including PAL/ILP) or individually registered with a
foreign registry whose pedigrees are acceptable for AKC registration. REGISTRATIONS CANNOT BE
STAKES OFFERED AND RUNNING ORDER
Open only to hounds of eligible breed, with no breed disqualifications, that hold an AKC QC certificate OR
an ASFA certification form OR have run in the Open Stake prior to Jan. 1, 2010, OR have a Senior
Courser title OR have an ASFA or CKC field champion title (a copy of this title must be attached to the
entry form if the QC requirement is to be waived). Championship points are awarded from this stake.
Hounds under disqualification from AKC, ASFA or CKC Field Trials may NOT be entered.
Open only to hounds that are eligible to enter the Open Stake and have earned their AKC Field
Championship title. LCX points may be awarded from this stake. Hounds under disqualification from
AKC, ASFA or CKC Field Trials may NOT be entered.
Open only to hounds that are eligible to enter either Open or Special Stake, and are of Veteran age as
determined by their Parent Breed Club (7 years for Whippets). Championship or LCX points may be
awarded from this stake. Hounds under disqualification from AKC, ASFA or CKC Field Trials may NOT
Open to any two hounds, designated at time of entry, in one of the regular stakes bred by the same
Open to any two hounds, designated at time of entry, in one of the regular stakes being owned and
kenneled by the same person.
Open to all hounds; an entry shall consist of a single hound with proof on file with the AKC of a
conformation champion title from the AKC, CKC or both. or a conformation grand champion title from the
UKC. This must be designated at time of entry. IT IS NOT OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LOOK FOR OR
ASK ABOUT TITLES.
In all non-regular stakes there will be only one winner per breed with no championship points awarded.
Will not be offered.
BEST IN FIELD (BIF)
Will not be offered
• A battery operated continuous loop lure machine will be used with highly visible plastic strip lure.
• Course reversed for finals and run offs.
• SDCA reserves the right to alter course due to weather or field conditions
NOTICE TO ALL EXHIBITORS:
All dogs run at owners’ sole risk. The hosting clubs and property owners, their agents, members,
representatives, volunteers, etc. assume no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury sustained by
exhibitors and handlers or to any of their dogs or property and further assumes no responsibility for injury
to children or spectators before, during, or after this event.
How to enter your dog and earn AKC Titles
✓ Your dog must have an AKC QC form, or an ASFA certification form to enter it’s first trial.
✓ Next, if your dog has practiced successfully with other dogs (not interfering either aggressively OR
playfully), you should enter him in Open and work towards the Senior Courser (SC) title. If your dog also
wins a placement he will earn points towards his Field Championship (see point scale below). CHECK
“OPEN” ON THE ENTRY FORM, AND PAY THE ENTRY FEE FOR OPEN. There is no additional fee
for the SC leg. To earn the SC title, the hound must run with at least one other hound, and must receive
qualifying scores at FOUR (4) AKC trials under two different judges or judging panels.
✓ When your dog has earned the SC title, he most likely will still be competing for Field
Championship points. If he receives qualifying scores in 25 trials, he will earn the Master
Courser (MC) title.
✓ The title of Field Champion (FC) is a prefix to a hound’s name. It is earned by obtaining 15
points from the Open or Veteran stakes. Dog must win 2 first placements worth 3 or more
points under two different judges or judging panels (majors).
✓ A dog who has earned his Field Championship title must be entered in the Specials Stake.
Ohio Kentucky Indiana Gazehound Organization Lure Coursing Club
OKIGO AKC Trials Page
Last updated Last updated September 12th 2018 Wednesday
1st place earns
2nd place earns
3rd place earns
SCHEDULE OF POINTS BY BREED FOR FIRST PLAC
Notes for the Day
• If you have ANY questions about what stakes to enter your
o dog, e-mail the co field trial secretary at Pfyre@PfyreWhpts.com
• Make sure to bring shade and water for your hounds.
• There are porta toilets on site, as well as indoor bathrooms, with showers.
• Make sure to pay attention to the running order, your dog’s colors, and to the paddock master - if your
hound is ready and waiting when it’s their turn to run, the trial runs more smoothly for everyone. Any
hound that is more than five minutes late in getting to the line for their course may be excused from
competition for the day as per AKC rules.
• If you are new to the sport, grab someone and ask questions!
o We’re always happy to help “newbies” learn the ropes!
• Food and water will not be available on Friday, please bring your own.
DIRECTIONS TO THE SITE
From the East,
I-70 to west of Springfield then exit on route 68 south (exit #52A)
Go south 6 miles, past Young’s Dairy, and turn right at Yellw- Springs_Fairfield Road. Go 2
miles to the park on the left.
From the North/West
I-70 to east of Dayton, exit (#44A) to I-675 (ignore the route 235 exit off of I-70). On I-675 go south 3
miles and exit at Route 235 (Fairborn). Go right on route 235, north 0.5 miles and turn right at Yellow-
Springs-Fairfield Road. Go 3.5 miles to the park on the right.
From the South
I-75 to south of Dayton, Take I-675 north to Rt 235 (exit #22), turn left on Rt 235 North. Go ½ mile, and
turn right at Yellow-Springs-Fairfield Road. Go 3.5 miles to the Park on the right.
Permitted on site. No hookups.
Check pet policies before reserving rooms.
• Red Roof Inn, 937-426-6116 Fairborn, I-675 & Fairfield Road.
• Red Roof Inn, 937-325-5356, 155 W Leffelm Springfield, I-70 & Rt 72. Red
• Roof Inn, 937-898-1054, Mller Lane, Dayton, I-75 exit 59 (first exit south of Io-70)
• Red Roof Inn, 937-866-0705, 222 Byers Rd, Dayton, I- 75 & Rt 725 West
Tracy Leonard DVM
Indian Ripple Veterinary Clinic
4490 Indian Ripple Road Beavercreek OH 45440
Dayton Med-Vet Emergency Veterinary Clinic
From the park.
1. Turn LEFT (West) on Fairfield-Yellow Springs Road
2. Turn LEFT at traffic light (route 235),
3. I-675 South to I-35 West to I-75 South exit 50A Dryden Road
4..Go uner I-75 then left at first road (traffic light)
5. Clinic is on the left.